Wednesday, July 27, 2016

All-Black Everything

Jacket: Anthropologie (similar)    Dress: H&M   Bag: 88 ℅    ShoesWills London ℅     Belt: H&M    Necklace: xoxo kait (similar)

This is my 4th (and final) outfit for my #Summerin88 Lookbook.  I'll be posting my project that I've been working with them on for over a month now very soon, so stay tuned!  I'm excited to release that.  

I'll be honest, all-black isn't all that practical for California's current weather... it's been hovering in the 90's with a dry heat so intense that I can't bear wearing sleeves, much less black.  I do love the look of an all-black outfit- the fact that it's monochromatic allows you to play with different details and textures.  I love this blazer jacket from Anthropologie, with its fun peplum detail at the bottom and delicate lace body.  You can wear it with a dress like this, or go more casual with a white tee and skinny jeans!  I wore it over this plain, and yes, slightly boring black dress- I do like to get neutral pieces for layering in outfits and using as a base.  

This 88 bag is black vegan saffiano leather with gold studs, and I loved how it counteracted the lace jacket with its slight edginess.  I also added on this necklace from one of my friends on Poshmark, Kait (@lynwol).  This is from her own line of jewelry, and I loved the daintiness and versatility of this little triangle pendant.  For the shoes, I kind of broke the all-black streak with the tan cap toes of my favorite heels by Wills London, but hey, that doesn't count... right?  


Anthropologie Lili's Closet Lace Peplum Jacket in Black + H&M Jersey Dress in Black + 88 Handbags Amy Studded Crossbody in Black c/o + Wills London Veagn Shoes Women's Block Heels in Black Patent/Nude + H&M Braided Vegan Leather Belt + xoxo kait Triange Pendant Necklace

24 comments:

  1. I stopped by your blog earlier and didn't see a new post, so I am so glad you visited mine. Would have hated to miss this all black look. I love it! A little edgier than your usual.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lace-y details on the sleeves are gorgeous!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so chic! Loving the all black! The lace sleeves are gorgeous!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with all black. I love this outfit, the black dress is so cute! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that jacket! I always love an all black look! xo, Sophia from http://www.sistersandglitters.com/2016/07/maliboo/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning in all black! Love your purse! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a different look of yours but I like it! Something about wearing all black looks so sophisticated and chic. You are looking so gorgeous in this outfit! Can't wait to see more on your upcoming project!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach! I love trying out different vibes- this edgy look is a little out of my comfort zone but I liked trying it out!

      Delete
  8. Love the lbd and the chic jacket to it! The lace arms adds a lovely effect! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So chiiiiic to death in all black, lady! Love this look!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look Amazing in all-black! So Stunning!!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com
    www.instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a classy, yet sleek look! Love it <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is so feminine but still has a little bit of edge! LOVE that peplum jacket!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving the all black, Julia! You look so fierce and chic at the same time! PS: Next time I'm in Cali we will need to get together! Heart you!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! This outfit is strong and bold! Love it.
    www.glamorousenvironmentalist.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Indeed.., one could never wear too much black! You look chic and I love the lace details on your sleeves. Meanwhile; I'm all about the comeback of the '90s:
    https://vivalaviv.com/2016/07/17/throwback-the-90s-underwear-as-outerwear/

    Vivienne X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...