Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pop-Art Rosebuds

 Skirt:  Kate Spade (women's)    Top: Ted Baker (similar)   Sweater: J. Crew    Heels: Wills London    Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target    Wallet: Deux Lux    

When I started on my vegan journey, I thought that I wouldn't be able to shop at all the places I used to love, but that couldn't be less true.  It think it's broadened my perspective, in the sense that I have able to find amazing cruelty-free pieces at my old favorite stores and be introduced to great ethical lines as well.  For example, Kate Spade and Ted Baker actually have a lot more vegan-friendly clothes than I was anticipating.  This rose print pleated skirt is so light and airy- I'm wearing the girls size for a more petite fit, but I also linked the women's midi version.  Another one of my favorites is J. Crew, and they make a lot of wool-free sweaters.  Their cotton Jackie cardigan is a staple, and I have at least 5 different colors. 

Even big designers occasionally release vegan pieces, since veganism is on the rise and they love tapping into the market (for example, Givenchy released a vegan Antigona bag that sold out almost immediately.)  I love Phillip Lim's designs, but most of his bags are leather.  The 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target collab yielded some amazing Pashli bags made from polyurethane, and I was lucky enough to snag mine on Poshmark.  

Of course, I love supporting all-vegan companies as well!  These shoes are from one of my favorite companies, Wills London, a certified vegan footwear brand with ethical practices all-around (read more here.)  These are the new block heels, which also come in blue/black.  They are super high quality vegan leather and are the perfect height to be comfortable and chic- basically my dream heels.  Deux Lux is another favorite, and this wallet is the first piece I ever bought from them.

Ethical fashion is so easy to find, and introducing more of it into your life doesn't have to mean giving up anything.   If anything, it has introduced me to a whole new world of style!

 

24 comments:

  1. I recognized that skirt as Kate Spade before I even scrolled down. I love the pairing here, and it looks so freaking cute on!

    Katherine || The Green Bows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine! I love this print- my friend even has a phone case in it! The quintessential KS print ;-)

      Delete
  2. Too adorable! I love this floral skirt and those shoes are so fun!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome that some of the bigger brands are into creating cruelty-items. It makes me support them even more! Your outfit is so cute! I love the printed skirt!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I really commend brands for making the effort to make something for everyone.

      Delete
  4. That's great that there are vegan friendly shoes out there! Love your flirty skirt too!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg!! what the dress. Really you look so fabulous. I like to recommend you for wearing designer lehengas. This outfit also give you a unique style. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the color of the skirt ;)
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: HOW TO WEAR A SUMMER TRENCH

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is so classic! I absolutely love the all black combo with the pop of floral!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable outfit! I'm in love with your bag! x

    www.britishmilan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are finding vegan friendly options. I LOVE this skirt! I am a sucker for a pleated option.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit! So cute :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice skirt :))))

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the heels!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the skirt!!

    xx Kathryn
    www.chicandshimmer.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cute! You look very beautiful! Thank you for giving a new style of fashion. You can get more at: http://www.thefemall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice one really liked your collection of ladies bags

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can buy from our large and diverse collection of salwar kameez, party wear suits, bollywood collection, cotton kurtis, Anarrkali suits,Bollywood saree and many other products.....
    We Have Some For You In Your Budget....
    For more…
    Bridal Lehenga Choli

    ReplyDelete
  17. floral skirt looking nice and i like the shoes style going perfect with this.
    786shop.com always take care of their customers and offer great services. If you have a picture of any dress and want us to make a similar dress, then just send us the picture. Our talented designers will make a beautiful dress for you. Check our Pakistani Party dresses
    collection 2018 at 786shop.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...