Monday, March 9, 2015

Interview with Sarah Venckeleer

I'm so happy to be interviewing the lovely Sarah Venckeleer today!  

If you don't follow Sarah on Instagram already {@slvenck} you definitely should.  Sarah has an amazing and preppy sense of style, she's a chemical engineering major, and she's currently living down in Texas! 

I really admire her, and I'm so happy to be chatting with her on the blog today!  
Your Instagram photos are beautiful!  What do you take your photos with, and what do you use to edit?
Thank you! I actually use my iPhone for most of them (a few of them are taken with my mom’s professional camera). To edit them, I use the iPhone’s Photos app and VSCOcam.

What are three words you'd use to define your style?
Classic, elegant, and timeless.

What is your favorite quote, and why?
Oh gosh, this is hard. There are too many I really, really like! But if I had to pick just one, I think it would be “If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.” I actually have this quote written everywhere - my phone, agenda, notebooks, you name it. I think one of the most satisfying things in life is accomplishing something that seemed almost impossible to you at first. I also like to think that the bigger the challenge, the better. So whenever I set a goal for myself, I think of this quote to make sure that my goal is somewhat challenging. Or in other words, I make sure that it scares me at least a little bit. I think reaching those scary goals and dreams is what eventually allows you to become the best version of yourself. This is a little cliché to say, but you only live once, so why not spend your life being the best you could possibly be? As one of my friends likes to say, “There’s no fun in accomplishing things that you know you can do."

I know you major in chemical engineering, and you are working for Dow!  What does an average day look like for you?
Mornings are usually always the same: I get up at 5 a.m. and get to work in between 6:30-6:45 a.m.  (I’m a huge morning person!). Once I’m there, I’ll have my cup of coffee, check my work email, write my to-do list, and then spend the rest of the day trying to cross off everything that’s in it. Typically, on your first day of work as a co-op student, you’re given a list of projects to work on throughout your term (I’ve got 6 going on right now). You pretty much sit down with your boss and he/she tells you something along the lines of “Okay, we have this problem, we want you to fix it, and here’s who you can contact if you have any questions”. From there on, it’s up to you to decide how you’re going to split up your time at work to finish all your projects. So since I don’t have a set schedule, every day is honestly different. Sometimes I have 5 meetings to go to, sometimes I spend all day at my desk, sometimes I get to go out into the actual plant… It’s always different (and always incredibly fun)! 

What is your favorite thing in your closet?
Hardest question ever! I’m gonna have to go with my white eyelet button-down from Ann Taylor. It’s one of those shirts I know for a fact I’ll never ever get rid of.

What are some of your favorite stores to shop at?
J.Crew is definitely my favorite, although I shop pretty much everywhere. If I see something I like, and if it looks like I’ll get some pretty good use out of it, I’ll buy it regardless of what store it’s from. Everything from J.Crew just happens to be perfect and impossible not to like.

Who are some of your favorite Instagrammers?

What is your go-to, never-fail outfit?
A button-down with a nice pair of pants and a nice pair of shoes. And pearl earrings, of course!

-  -  -
Thank you so much for the interview, Sarah!

Follow along with Sarah right here.
Shop Sarah's style here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...