Sunday, March 1, 2015

How to Mix Prints

I can not even begin to explain how much I love prints.  They make up more than half of my wardrobe.  I rarely wear an outfit without one!
  
I've always loved mixing prints, and it's always come pretty naturally to me.  But to some, mixing different patterns seems a bit daunting.  I don't like when there's too much going on in an outfit, but there's so many ways to do print mixing that aren't too loud, just fun!  Here's a few combos I love, and some fun outfit combinations to reinvent your wardrobe!
Vest: J. Crew Crewcuts     Top: J. Crew    Scarf: Anthropologie (similar)
Herringbone + Dots  I love pairing my J. Crew herringbone excursion vest with all kind of prints (herringbone totally counts as a neutral), but the pink piping paired with pretty polka dots is so cute!  
Top: Charter Club Petites      Skirt: ASOS
Stripes + Whimsical Prints  This skirt is adorned with strawberries, blueberries, and cherries.  It's so flirty, fun, and whimsical!  Play up the elegance and ladylike vibe with classic parisian stripes.  This one is a navy top with gold glitter stripes!  
Cardigan: Lucky Brand (similar)    Dress: Banana Republic
Stripes + Leopard  Many people swear that leopard is a neutral.  I don't own enough leopard to wear it as a neutral, but it does pair with so many other prints and colors.  I especially love how well it goes with stripes.  Black and white bases are best when working with leopard print!
Blouse: Banana Republic     Skirt: Francesca's (similar)
Black + White  Sticking to the same colors for both prints, like this striped skirt and fun zebra blouse, works so well!  Make sure the prints don't fight each other for dominance, though.  For example: an anchor print sweater paired with a sailboat print skirt might get a bit obnoxious (but try them both with stripes for a cute nautical vibe!)
Vest: Uniqlo    Top: J. Crew
Plaid + Stripes  I love wearing a plaid button down with a striped skirt, or a striped bateau top with plaid pants!  The combinations are endless: striped button down with a plaid skirt, plaid chino shorts with a striped tank top...   Such a cute, classic, and preppy combo that never gets old.
Top: J. Crew    Clutch: Louis Vuitton
Anything + Louis Vuitton  Louis Vuitton monograms totally count as a print, right?  Yes they do!  And they are incredibly versatile.  Same applies to the classic Gucci monograms, Coach monograms, Dior monograms, Michael Kors patterns, and more.  They're all prints!

For some printed outfit inspiration, check out a few of my patternful outfits here!

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...