Friday, November 7, 2014

Interview with Sydney of Summer Wind

Meet Sydney!  She's the gorgeous blogger behind Summer Wind!
<3 her hair
preppy style
Summer Wind is Sydney's personal style blog, where she shares her lovely classic style!
She was so sweet to answer a few questions!

1.  You always look so classic and preppy!  What do you think are the essentials for preppy style?
Thank you!  Definitely basics like cable knit sweaters, a Barbour jacket, Lilly shifts, L.L. Bean ducks boots, etc. are staples.  I always make sure to have at least one classic piece in my outfit... even if I'm wearing something trendy, like a leather skirt, I pair it with something classic, like a cashmere cable knit  to "tone it down".

2.  What is your favorite thing in your closet?
I have a 5 strand pearl necklace from J. Crew that I've had for years.  I wear it at least once a week and always get compliments.  It's classic with a twist, which is exactly how I like my style to be!

3.  Who is your style icon?
This is a tough one.  I love Jackie O and Samantha Stevens from Bewitched.  I love the mod, shift dress cuts, but I also love Carolina Herrera who is feminine, classic, and has mastered refined elegance.  

4.  Define your style in three words.  
Timeless, classic, with a twist (ok, that's five!)

5.  What is your favorite season to dress up for?
I love love love summer because I love madras, seersucker, Lilly prints, eyelet, etc.  But I also love around the holidays with all of the fair isle, silk taffeta, sequins, plaid, etc.  My least favorite season to dress for is spring.  

6.  On a day off, you'd rather be...
Either skiing, by the pool/beach or sleeping.

7.  What was the best part about starting Summer Wind?
Definitely the connections I have made!  I have made life long friends through Summer Wind and have had some amazing experiences.  

Thanks so much Sydney!  It was a pleasure!
Shop Sydney's looks from this post here:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...