Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What to Expect from Me in 2017 // Anthropologie Fairy Dress


These photos were shot in Hawaii around Christmas, but since I was travelling I didn't have a steamer and I failed to notice that my dress was hella wrinkled until I was editing the photos later.  I knew I wouldn't be able to make a full post out of these pictures, so I figured I'd use them for this post.  Look for a better post featuring this dress, coming to the blog soon.  :-)  This one is a post that I've been excited to share with you guys: What to Expect from Me in 2017.  

I know, it's the middle of February, and I'm a little late in posting this, but better late than never.  I've got some really exciting things lined up for this year and I can't wait to share them with you all.  So without further ado, here's what to look for from me in 2017.  

New York City
Perhaps the biggest event of the year for me will be living in New York City for a little bit this summer.  I'll be studying at Columbia University, so I'm temporarily moving to the Big Apple!  I am so excited to explore New York City and experience living in a urban setting.  I've already started planning out where I want to go and what I want to see, but if anyone has a recommendation that I should check out in NYC, please let me know in the comments!  And of course I'll be sharing a little bit more about the trip here on the blog so follow along.  I'm so happy to see where this adventure leads.

Ireland
This year I'll be taking my first international trip in a long time (it's been almost 5 years since I've left the USA last).  My destination is Ireland, a place that has been on my travel bucket list for a long time, and I'm going this spring.  International travel is something that excites me and terrifies me at the same time- on one hand it's so amazing to experience different cultures on the other side of the world, but on the other hand flying, especially long flights, always mess up my body in some way and I usually end up sick, not to mention the insane anxiety I get whenever I fly.  With that being said, I've been anticipating this trip for a long time.  I can't wait to snap some pictures and share this adventure with you as well.

Social Media
I've gotten much more regular about posting on Instagram, which I hardly ever did at the beginning of the year, and now I've got a schedule of almost every other day for IG posts {follow me @juliacmazzucato}.  This year I'm actually going to try and be more active on YouTube as a social media platform for my blog.  I'm going to try to put together fashion and lifestyle videos- some things I've considered are a Makeup Routine video, clothing/beauty hauls, vegan recipes, or maybe even travel vlogs while I'm in Ireland and New York.  Let me know if you would be interested in any of those things, and subscribe at Julia Mazzucato.

Self-Love
Over 2016, even though it was a difficult year, I got to know myself even more and become much more comfortable with who I am and how I look.  I talked a tiny bit last year about how I sometimes get really neurotic about photos of myself and how I tend to nitpick little details of myself until they're all I can see in a picture, sometimes leading me to trash entire photoshoots.  This is not mentally healthy at all.

I used to wear sunglasses in almost every blogpost to cover up my face.  There's nothing wrong with sunglasses, but I would wear them in posts where they were unnecessary to the outfit.  I just wanted to cover up my face because I was pretty self conscious about it.  Toward the beginning of the year I wore sunglasses in basically every post, but as the year progressed I started posting more and more outfits without me wearing them and showing my face a little more.  2016 was a really hard year, but the struggle makes you stronger.  I'm coming into 2017 with a renewed confidence in myself and my goals.

~~~

So that's what's coming in 2017 for me!  I'm very excited for this year's adventures and I can't wait to share them with you.  Thank you for following along on my blog and connecting with me.  The friends that I have met on here have made every single minute spent blogging completely worth it.  I hope you'll stick around with me this year.  Let's make 2017 a good one!

15 comments:

  1. love your dress! so pretty!
    xo,
    Kristen
    www.kristeneil.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everyone can pull off this style but you do with bravo! The dress looks stunning on you!

    -Didier
    www.didieryhc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow nice photos and dress! You look so pretty dear!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: CASUAL CHIC LOOK | JEANS, MAXI COAT AND VELVET
    DON'T MISS: CHLOE LOVE STORY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing outfit its something new XOXO, Stephanie
    Also check top rated coupons by Fivestarcoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those all sound exciting but I can't help obsess with your look. It's so boho chic, I like it :)

    xoxo
    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress! I always hate it when I look at photos only to notice wrinkles, ha. I doubt others even realize. Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead! Cannot wait to follow along.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is so pretty! To be honest, I didn't notice that wrinkles. I'm so excited for what you will be sharing in 2017!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun dress girl! && I totally get nit-picking pictures, I think we all do that! I am so happy to be seeing your beautiful face more often!

    xo-Monique

    Monique Nicol || @monique_nicol

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think the dress looks gorgeous, even if a little wrinkled!

    Xxx
    www.fashiondew.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited to follow along with you this year--especially when you make the move to NYC! I'm so jealous--it's one of my FAVORITE places!

    wwww.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay this dress is absolutely stunning, I mean the movement is to die for!! How exciting that you're moving to NYC for a bit - it's one of my favourite places in the world and I'm sure you'll have the best time!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I think it's so exciting that you'll be moving to NYC for the summer! Columbia is a great school! SO proud of you!! Also, you look beautiful! I love the dress, the swirl pics are beyond cute!
    Have a wonderful weekend, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How FUN- NYC is going to be amaaaazing! Happy for you, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you ended up writing this post! That's awesome that you'll be temporarily living in NYC! What will you be studying at Columbia? Either way, that's huge and I'm so excited for you!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look just beautiful and it sounds like such an exciting year ahead! Following on Instagram too:)

    Heidi || Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...