Sunday, February 21, 2016

Plaid Puffer + Pearls

 Top: J. Crew     Vest: Uniqlo (similar)      Pearls: J. Crew Factory     Boots: Tory Burch       
Jeans: 7 for All Mankind (altered)     Hair: Irresistible Me ℅

Is it really almost MARCH?  I've been clinging to my winter wardrobe for the past month or so, as we've had mixed weather.  Cold one day, hot the next.  As much as I love spring, I'm not quite ready to stash away my sweaters and boots yet!

This vest from Uniqlo is so light, packable, and I love that it's not filled with down (just air!).  I don't really use vest for warmth purposes, just layering pieces.  Plaid and stripes is one of my favorite unexpected print combos, and I love having neutrals like these cognac riding boots and my favorite jeans in there to break it up a bit.

And of course, pearls aren't just relegated towards formal-wear only.  I love incorporating this J. Crew pearl necklace into casual and dressy outfits.   Thinking of classic pieces as a neutral (like pearls or a tan trench coat) makes them really easy to transition from day to night.



J. Crew Striped Tee Shirt with Bow Embellished Back in Navy/White + Uniqlo Plaid Puffer Vest + J. Crew Factory Multistrand Pearl Necklace + Tory Burch Blaire Riding Boots in Cognac Brown + 7 For All Mankind Dark Wash Skinny Jeans, altered + c/o Irresistible Me Silky Touch Extensions in Brown, 140g, 14 in.

21 comments:

  1. This outfit is so perfect. I love the plaid and stripes mixed together, and the pearls are so classy. I completely agree that you can wear them with more casual looks!

    http://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit, your boots are gorgeous! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been having such a mix of weather too. I personally love winter clothes, so I am not quite ready for spring even though I hate the cold. Love your plaid!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy Ann! I totally agree. Fall and winter attire is my favorite to buy and wear!

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pearls make the whole look to be more unique!
    You've got fabulous style xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the plaid and stripes together! Such a cute, cozy outfit!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit and the pattern mixing!

    xo Lauren
    http://www.earthtostyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layering and I love the print mixing!

    Heidi || Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pattern mixing! Great outfit Julia!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia, I'm loving the plaid! Such a fab vest! You look stunning!
    Happy Monday, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute puffer vest! I'm a huge fan of plaid!

    Mary Kate
    www.mynewchicagolife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plaid + stripes! Love how you mixed these prints! And whoa there on the pearls - really adds some level of sophistication to an otherwise casual outfit.

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...